Uric acid actually exists naturally in the body, the number could increase because there are external factors, such as food. There are several ways that gout can be controlled. Keep your uric acid levels did not increase is an important part of long-term target to prevent excess uric acid.
Here is how to prevent exposure of uric acid:
1. Avoid foods rich in purine
Exchange with low-purine diet, or the content purine mediocre. For these types of foods with high levels of purines respectively; please see explanation at the end.
2. Reduce alcoholOr better cut it all at once. Alcoholic beverages, especially beer, is the kind of beverages with the highest levels of purines. If you can not leave the alcohol, drink it with a portion being, that is no more than one or two glasses of wine a day.
3. Drink plenty of waterEspecially beverages containing ionized or mineral. Drink eight to 12 glasses a day. Reduce consumption of alkaline water and do not drink carbonated water, because it contains a lot of salt.
4. Drinking milk and orange juiceAccording to some research, milk lowers uric acid levels. If you potentially suffer from gout, the risk can be lowered when drinking a glass of milk every day. One glass of milk can lower uric acid and 0.25 mg / dL, with orange juice Similarly, although slightly below the properties of milk.
5. Drinking coffee
In some studies, we got the result that coffee may lower risk of gout. Coffee can also be slightly lower risk of gout. for those who have been exposed.
6. Eating cherries, celery, strawberries
Eat fruit or drink juice. All contain components that can fight gout. Some patients reported pain due to uric acid disappear because of the cherry. Berries can also help prevention. Four of the berries is recommended strawberries, blueberries, and bilberries. Everything can prevent uric acid because it is rich in antioxidants, low purine, and not too acidic.
Consume a minimum of one multivitamin tablet every day. Choose the most powerful and contain minerals such as calcium, magnesium, and zinc, especially for those who have over 40 years.
8. Lose weight
If you include overweight, you should lose weight. Weight loss is the most important tip for preventing vein acid, although the most difficult thing to do.
9. Take vitamins C
Vitamin C intake of 500 mg per day, according to a study, is proven to prevent uric acid.
Purine levels in foods
- Height: herring, sardines, anchovies, liver (of all kinds of animals), broth, meat offal, fish, tuna, trout, lobster and his family, shrimp, shellfish, alcoholic beverages.
- Medium: fish (except those mentioned in the high category), legumes including beans (soy, pea beans), beef, lamb, pork, chicken, turkey, mushrooms, spinach, asparagus.
- Low: eggs (and egg white), fruit (including give) milk, butter, cheese, yogurt, cream, ice cream, potato, grain products (bread, crackers, pasta, noodles, spaghetti, rice) , nuts and seeds, cake, biscuits, cereals, olives, vinegar, vegetable oil, brown sugar, kimchi.
Patients with gout should do the following:
- Wear a sweater if the weather is cold
- Ensuring blood pressure within normal levels
- Avoiding dehydration
- Avoid an empty stomach for a prolonged period
- Exercise but avoid strenuous exercise